Month: July 2017
When to Change Toothbrush
You may be brushing your teeth twice a day. But what if your brush is worn out or over-used with germs. For such issues you are not reaping out the proper and accurate oral care. As oral care includes both teeth and gums care. Think about the toothbrush you use daily twice a day. Take out time and switch your toothbrush to a new tooth brush. In the below you will get the suggestion from dentist when to change Toothbrush ?? get suggestion from Gargi Dental care in laketown kolkata.
Selection of right toothbrush for oral hygiene :-
- Dental associations are recommending the switching from old over used tooth brush to new tooth brush for the sake of hygiene and also for the good balance of oral care. It is been seen that after every three to four months the bristles gets frayed as its due to the over use of toothbrush. Get a new toothbrush in consideration of hygiene behavior. If you have braces then the bristles will get frayed very quickly and hence the replacement is needed on that part. Even If you are sick, then you definitely need to change your toothbrush and if its stored to others toothbrush. Even children’s toothbrush is needed to be changed more often than adults.
- And for some situations, you need to change your toothbrush though if the bristles are not being frayed. While you are suffering from mouth infection, sore throats you need to replace your toothbrush as instantly as needed. If the care is not taken on the changing of the toothbrush that will lead to the re-exposing you and others to household germs that will lead to illness.
Proper choice of tooth brush :-
It is tricky and surprising too to find out the exact and well fitted toothbrush for you. But there is a huge amount of variety of toothbrushes on the market. Some factors which are important for the proper fitting of your tooth brush are :
comes the SIZE. The use of toothbrush with the head which allows all areas of the mouth to access and especially such places or areas which are missed easily such as behind molars and the rear gum line. But such are easier with such toothbrush which are smaller in size.
the BRISTLES. Always choose a brush with soft bristles with nylon bristles. Medium and hard bristles are unnecessary and even damage the tooth enamel.
A difference between the manual or disposal brush and electric brush. There is a very little but also very important difference between the effectiveness of brushing with manual toothbrush and electric toothbrush, and data shows up with such effectiveness. Though it totally depends on an individual’s or personal choice.
Dentist Recommendations to change toothbrush :-
- Don’t cover or keep toothbrush in closed containers. As a moist environment such as a closed container is more easy way to grow the germs or micro-organisms then the open air.
- Always rinse toothbrush thoroughly under cold water.
- Remove the excess toothpaste debris after every use.
- Use a toothbrush cap while you are travelling.
- Try to keep toothbrush on the upright position and always allow to air-dry the bristles.
- Sharing of toothbrush can lead to the high risk and increase of the oral infections and oral problems. While sharing a toothbrush the exchange of body fluids or micro-organisms cause the oral disease or problems.
- Soaking of the toothbrush into an anti-bacterial mouth-rinse after every single use has lead to the decrease the levels of bacteria that cause on the toothbrush.
- The change of manual toothbrush after every 3-4 months prevents the risk of dental problems and also for the long term usage along side the price of the electric toothbrush is high at the cost rate.
- Patients who are suffering from gum problems, are being encouraged to change their toothbrush after every 4 to 6 weeks . as that will help to prevent the bacteria from spreading.
- And if you are using the Electric toothbrush then definitely you should go through instructions as you may in need to change the toothbrush head as frequently.
Electronic v/s manual toothbrush :-
Uniquely there are some electronic tooth brush which have auto timer which ensure that you brush just as the recommended for just two minutes.
Few are aware of the electric tooth brush but some are not. So manual toothbrush is portable and easy to carry any place you want and also you get the wholesome control and pressure over your toothbrush every time you use it.
But electronic toothbrush are bit problematic while you are in mode of travelling. It needs to be charged most importantly. The rotating movement of the bristles make it more easier to clean between teeth and to such areas which is not possible for manual toothbrush to reach and clean out the germs. Some electric toothbrush are made with in-build pressure and sensor which make sure that you won’t over brush your teeth.
As per the above suggestion by Dr. Gargi Sarkar Dental Care Laketown Kolkata , you figured out the importance on oral care and dental care along with the importance of Change Of toothbrush and when we need to change toothbrush. So, for further more information, any questionnaire and query comment below or visit Dr. Gargi’s Dental Care, laketown Kolkata. For related oral health and hygiene issues like Tongue issue, RCT, Scaling and Rooting click here.
If you have any Oral health issue, So fix an Appointment with Dr. Gargi’s Dental Care Laketown, Kolkata. Book Appointment Now!!
Tongue issue Article by Dr. Gargi Dental Laketown Kolkata
Tongue issue Earlier days doctor use to detect or diagnose the diseases by taking a close look at the tongue. And its true that there are some conditions can get later due to the appurtenance of the tongue issue. Though the appurtenance of the tongue normally varies from every single individual. Know more about the tongue issue in the below article by Dr. Gargi Dental Laketown Kolkata.
Normal look of the tongue issue
- Papillae – although the tongue feels soft at the time but its actually covered with the tiny projections called Papillae. And if you don’t have the Papillae then your tongue will be smooth and slippery and not very efficient of founding the food round the mouth.
- As there are two types of Papillae on the tongue. One, is FLAT and second is SLENDER ones.
- The slender ones are paler in color and the flat types are bright red and little bit shinny in looking.
- Taste buds – each and every taste buds always detect one type of taste bud at its And they are sweet, salt, bitter and sour. He number of the taste buds gets reduced while you age or get older.
- Bald sides of the taste – its normal for the side of the tongue to get balder that he middle. The main surface of the tongue is actually covered due to the slender papillae.
Swollen sore tongue
The tongue becomes swollen and sore too and even smooth if you have anemia or vitamin B lacking. If these factors don’t apply to you, or if the sore tongue persists after reducing alcohol or smoking, ask your doctor about the likely cause. It may be that eating a better diet or taking tables for anaemia or a vitamin deficiency will improve your sore tongue and make you feel generally better.
Dark swollen tongue
If your tongue suddenly becomes dark in color and swells up, see your doctor straight away to check the condition of your temporal arteries. Narrowing of these arteries can reduce blood supply to the tongue. So in many ways the usage of tongue is actually helps to work and also to make to understand the condition of an individuals physical condition.
Due to this the cells in the mouth grow excessively and few times later it turns into white patches inside the mouth. Leukoplakia can be the precursor to cancer. So its important for your dentist to detect and determine the cause of “ white Patches “ on your tongue. Its often found irritating for the people who are suffering from this problem. And its mainly caused due the excess intake or use of “ Tobacoo “. In many ways we ignore the conditions and situations tongue suffers and points out the problems we are having or going to have.
And the white patches are not only a small matter of problems. Sometimes white patches cheeks named thrush a kind of fungal infection that is really common in babies and even adults also. These patches can be scraped off to leave a red and sore areas underneath and also improve by special lozenges from the doctor as prescribed.
For such reasons the white patches should be checked by the dentist so they won’t get to further spread.
Piercing of tongue
It’s a safe process to pierce tongue but theoretically its is not safe as it can lead to infection with hepatitis B, C and HIV. So think before you pierce your tongue as it can lead to oral infections.
And even there is a very serious bleeding when you do piercing. That’s because the tongue contains and are made of blood vessels. And because you naturally swallow the blood, you may not realize on what amount you bleed. And you can reduce the risk of preventing the infection rate or rate of swelling by sucking ice cubes for the rest of the day. By the piercing, that can allow the bacteria to the bloodstreams and that bacteria can even damage the valves of the heart too.
Ulcers and lumps on the tongue
Many people suffer from mouth ulcers on their tongue from time to time. But usually they are very sore and that seems to be very less. These “ Apthous “ are ulcers which are harmless but that can by viruses. They get cured by few days without any treatment. But if you face any lumps on the tongue or even an ulcers which don’t get cured or heal as if though its painless. Still it’s because it could cause cancer to the tongue or on mouth. And these big sized lumps and ulcers are being caused due to heavy drinking and smoking.
If any ulcers and lump does not disappear of its own by the 2 weeks then you should go and make a good check-up with your doctor or dentist for the better treatment. As cancer on tongue unlikely caused under the age of 50.
As per the above suggestion by Dr. Gargi Sarkar Dental Care Laketown Kolkata , you figured out the importance on oral care and dental care along with the information about tongue issue. So, for further more information, any questionnaire and query comment below or visit Dr. Gargi’s Dental Care, laketown Kolkata. For related oral health and hygiene issues like RCT, Scaling and Rooting click here.
If you have any Oral health issue, So fix an Appointment with Dr. Gargi’s Dental Care Laketown, Kolkata.
Usefulness of Mouth-guard
A mouth guard is a soft plastic or laminated device used in sports and also on dental cares to prevent oral injuries to the teeth, mouth, cheeks, tongue and jaw. One third of all dental injuries are sports related. The use of a mouth guard can prevent more than 200,000 oral injuries to the mouth each year. In the below article you will get in depth information about Usefulness of Mouth-guard.
The types of dental injuries that can occur without the use of a mouth guard are either chipped or broken teeth, fractured crowns or bridgework, lip and cheek injuries, root damage to the teeth, fractured jaws, and concussions. Any athlete may get at any sort of risk for oral injury. And such injuries can be prevented with the use of a mouth guard to stay safe.
Mouth guards are used in sports such as football, hockey and boxing where the risk of injury is more likely in it. Children and adults involved in incidental contact sports and games like basketball, baseball, softball, wrestling, soccer and volleyball may consider wearing a mouth guard to prevent injuries to the mouth for the sake of better safety.
It is said and even been found that Athletes found with seventy-five percent(75%)t of injuries occurred when mouth guards were not worn and forty percent(40%) occurred during baseball and basketball. Nine percent(9%) of all athletes suffered some type of oral injury while another three percent(3%) reported a loss of consciousness. Fifty-six percent(56%) of all concussions were suffered when mouth guards were not worn. Trauma related to sports is more prevalent than its previously reported.
From Child to adult, a mouth guard is essential for all. Mouth-guards
Mouth- guards are also known as “ Mouth-Protectors “. It helps to cushion a blow for minimizing he risk of broken teeth and even injuries to broken teeth, injuries to lips tongue and jaws too. It typically covers the upper portion of the teeth and are in a great way to protect the soft tissues of tongue, lips and even cheek linings. A mouth-guard is a removable rubber or polyvinyl shield worn over the teeth to protect them from getting injured.
The types of mouth-guards
- The custom fitting mouth-guard. This type of mouth-guard is constructed directly from a mould and taken of your teeth in dental surgery and it fits tightly and comfortably to your teeth. They tend to be more expensive than the other versions, but because they are customized, usually offer the best fit.
- And there is also “ Do It Yourself “ mouth-guards which are available in the pharmacies. Usually they are poor-fitted and even uncomfortable to wear. Dentists don’t even recommend such type of ill-fitting mouth-guards to the patients safety.
- Boiling and biting offer better fittings than the stock mouth protectors. At first they are being boiled
It’s a protective device for the mouth which covers the teeth and also the gums to prevent from getting injured. And also helps to reduce the risk of injury of teeth arches, lips and gums. This Mouth guard is basically used by the “ Contact Sports “. Its also used for certain treatment of dental process such as “ Tooth Bleaching”. On the part of Dental procedure “ Occlusal Splint “. The reason behind the use of “ Occlusal Splint “ is to protect teeth from getting stained due to any intake of food and also to protect upper-lower arches of teeth and also lips.
In common words said and known as “ Tooth Wear “. Its made heat cured acrylic resin. Its used either for the upper arch of the teeth or for the lower arch of the teeth. To make a good treatment to teeth its used by both adults and children both. Its also used by the sports-players too. Its used to deliver tropical medication for the chronic gingival diseases. Its also a therapeutic treatment suggested by the dentists also for the betterment of the teeth.
As per the above suggestion by Dr. Gargi Sarkar, you figured out the importance on oral care and dental care along with the Usefulness of Mouth-guard. So, for further more information, any questionnaire and query comment below or visit Dr. Gargi’s Dental Care, lake town Kolkata. For related oral health and hygiene issues like Tongue issue, RCT, Scaling and Rooting click here.
If you have any Oral health issue or to get advice about Usefulness of Mouth-guard, So fix an Appointment with Dr. Gargi’s Dental Care.
What is scaling Rooting ??
Scaling is a dental care or oral care procedure performed by the dental experts to help patients to prevent gum disease or gum problems and also with the prevention of the excessive plaque build-up. A normal and standard cleaning address the surface of the teeth to where scaling goes much deeper. And if you see you are getting problems with gums consult your dentist. If dentist suggest dental scaling rooting planning for the betterment of your teeth its better you must know the procedure for the over-going before the process.
Though scaling is a very common dental care process for patients who are suffering from gum problems and gum disease. And this dental procedure under-goes below the gum line for the removal of the plaque build-up. Its often referred to as the “ Deep Cleaning “. In the below article you will get in-depth information about Scaling Rooting.
Necessity of dental Scaling
The saliva, bacteria and proteins inside your mouth forms up a thin layer that covers almost every time. When you eat, the small particles, acids and sugar from food get stick so that fine thin layer and starts to build-up on the teeth known as “ Plaque “. And the bacteria that lives on the teeth starts to cause gum problems and even tooth decay. Some regular process like brushing, flossing will help to fight and prevent gum problems and even help to prevent some more oral problems.
Along with gum disease, you get deeper pockets which can fill with plaque, worsening the problems and even causing bad breath.
Process of Scaling Rooting
There are two methods of the scaling. One , if the dentist use handheld instruments, he or she will scrape the plaque from the tooth by using a metal tool known as “ Dental Scaler “ and “ Curette “. The dentist will insert that tool beneath the gum-line to get access those areas of the plaques where your toothbrush can’t reach.
The ultrasonic instrument to scale your teeth is also being used. The feature include the vibrating metal tip with cool spraying of water. The tips chips the tartars away from the pockets as the water flushes away.
Root planning reaches deeper to address the surface of the teeth root’s. and root planning smoothes the surface of the root so gums can get reattach properly.
Scaling can be uncomfortable particularly for the sensitive gums. A local anesthesia is being used to numb the tissue of the gums to make the procedure more comfortable. You should always say you dentist if you feel any kind of [pain and discomfort during the process.
Not just by performing one process will work at its best for scaling and rooting. Several visits are being needed for each and every different portion of the mouth for the removal of the tartar or the Plaque. The maintenance visits even consists f routine leanings and the careful examination of the gums and the gums tissue. And even the measurement of your pockets depth of the gums for the gums recession. After performing the process you mouth will feel sore and even sensitive after the scaling and rooting. Some patients even feel the swelling and bleeding for few days. Usage of the mouth-wash is needed after the process is being performed as it will help to keep the gums clean. A proper process of brushing is needed after the scaling as it is needed to stop the formation of the plaque formation again and again on the treated areas.
Dental scaling is usually very much common for those patients who are suffering from the gum problems or the gums disease. After all this medical procedure all its comes to an end is the good and proper home care or guidance for the teeth. A proper and good dental home care is needed and it’s the key which helps to prevent the gum problems and the disease not to go further. It will help to keep your mouth healthy after any type of the dental treatment is being performed. What you need for the proper home dental care are :-
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Always replace your tooth brush when the bristles get worn.
- Daily floss your teeth. And even between the teeth and the bridge work, crowns or the implants.
- Always use a mouthwash which contains Anti-Microbial ingredients.
- Don’t smoke. And if you are a smoker then please try stop smoking to make you body and oral problems stop at a level.
Whether you go for scheduled deep cleaning, scaling and rooting this conservative procedure will help to play a vital role in treating the dental or oral problems.
For Scaling and Rooting the above suggestion by Dr. Gargi Sarkar, you can imagine and evenn figure out the importance of oral care. As oral or dental hygeine is mandatory and its clearly stated above and its clearly stated above.
For any more information, questionnaire please comment below or visit Dr. Gargi Dental Care, Laketown Kolkata.
Orthodontics for Dental Care in Laketown
Orthodontics is the branch of the dentistry which help to correct the teeth and jaws which are positioned improperly. Teeth that are crooked or not in the right place can also detract from one’s appearance.Orthodontics for dental care in laketown.
The benefits of orthodontic treatment include a healthier mouth, a more pleasing appearance and teeth which are more likely lasts for longtime, specialist in this field is called “ Orthodontist “.
The importance of this Orthodontics are really very important. By correcting the orthodontic problems is not just about the cosmetics and improving self-confidence. These are very important dental health reasons as well. Malocclusions can cause difficulty in chewing and speaking. While wearing away enamel on healthy teeth and putting excess stress on your gum tissue and surrounding bone. In addition, teeth that are crooked or overlapping are difficult to clean, which can put you at risk for tooth decay and gum disease. In the article you will get information about Orthodontics for Dental Care in Laketown
Working procedure of the orthodontics treatment
There are many different types of appliances both are fixable and removable and are used to help move teeth, retrain muscles and even effect the growth of the jaws. Some of the fixed appliances are :-
Braces : – The most common fixed appliances, braces consist of bands, wires or brackets. Bands are fixed around the teeth or tooth and used as anchors for the appliance. While brackets are most often bonded to the front of the tooth. Braces are usually adjusted monthly to bring about the desired results, which may be achieved within a few months to a few years. Today’s braces are smaller, lighter and show far less metal than in the past. They come in bright colors for kids as well as clear styles preferred by many adults.
Fixed appliances :- It is being used to control thumb sucking or tongue thrusting. These appliances are being attached to the teeth of the kids by bands as they are very uncomfortable during meals.
Fixed space maintainers :- if a baby tooth is lost prematurely. A space maintainer is used to keep the space open until the permanent grows or erupts. A band is attached to the tooth next to the empty space.
Removable appliances :-
- Aligners :- Its an alternative to traditional braces for adults. Serial aligners are being used by an increasing number of orthodontists to move teeth in the same way that fixed appliances work. But only without metal wires and brackets. Aligners are virtually invisible and are removed for eating, brushing and flossing. It is not uncomfortable while maintaining them.
- Removable space maintainers— These devices serve the same function as fixed space maintainers. They are made with an acrylic base that fits over the jaw. A plastic or wire branches between specific teeth are placed to keep the space between them open.
- Jaw repositioning appliances— They are also called splints. These devices are worn on the top or either lower jaw. It helps to train the jaw to close in a more favorable position. They may be used for temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ).
- Lip and cheek bumpers— These are designed to keep the lips or cheeks away from the teeth. Lip and cheek muscles can exert and perform pressure on the teeth. These bumpers help to relieve that pressure.
- Palatal expander— It’s a device used to widen the arch of the upper jaw. It is a plastic plate that fits over the roof of the mouth. Outward pressure applied to the plate due to screws force the joints in the bones of the palate to open lengthwise, widening the palatal area.
- Removable retainers— It is worn on the roof of the mouth. These are devices which prevent shifting of the teeth to their previous position. They can also modify and are used to prevent thumb sucking.
- Headgear— With this device, a strap is placed around the back of the head and attached to a metal wire in front, or face bow. Headgear slows the growth of the upper jaw, and holds the back teeth where they are and for a while the front teeth are pulled back.
Oral hygiene and orthodontics treatment :-
By investing on both time and resources into orthodontics treatments, all we want is the best outcome and good hygiene is the key. Food and bacterial plaque can accumulate around the braces, and brushing and flossing can be more challenging during this process. For such reasons and hygyienity we come in contact with the orthodontist.
If you don’t clean your teeth thoroughly, however, you can end up with decay, gum disease or permanent areas of discoloration. Here are some oral hygiene guidelines .
- Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste after every meal and snack and before bed. When away from home, be sure to pack a travel toothbrush
- Floss at least once a day. Now that this is more difficult, ask your orthodontist about special flossing tools that can make the job easier, and ask for a demonstration.
- Visit your family dentist/orthodontist for regular checkups and cleanings.
- Ask your dentist/orthodontist about using a prescription rinse that could help prevent decalcification.
As we know “ surgical extraction “ of teeth is the most common surgical procedure for the dental care but are also very complex procedure which is used to take off a tooth which is broken or haven’t grown up or erupted properly in the mouth. In simple state of words its called “ tooth Removal Procedure “. It is caused when a tooth can’t be repaired by filling or crowning. And for some reason such infected teeth don’t even respond to the “ Root Canal Treatment “ too. Sometimes when the bone around the tooth become dense it causes pain and for that reason its needed to go for the “ Surgical Extraction “ of that particular tooth. The terms of “ Surgical Extraction “ causes due to many reasons like “ Breaking of a particular tooth, dense-ness of the bone around the tooth “. And stitches are done to close that part so that it heals properly and won’t form nay infection. So while you face pain in the tooth make sure you go for a check-up to your dentist to get to know the prior reason of the pain. You can go to “ Dr.Gargi’s Dental Care “ for more information.
As we are in the advanced world of technology definitely we are advanced and careful regarding various hygiene habit in our life. But somehow we forget how to take care for our “ Oral Care “. Brushing teeth twice a day, using soft bristled tooth-brush etc are common procedures for the oral care. Many people are not even aware of “ Flossing “ & some avoid it . As its important for oral hygiene. But very few people are aware and know about flossing. But everyone is careful and worried regarding the” whitening” of their teeth. So there is a floss which helps to whiten your teeth. Most of the floss which are available in the market are coated with “ Calcium Peroxide “ which only helps to dissolve the excess “ Proteins ” that saliva deposits on the teeth and day by day cause “ Discoloration”. But some “ microscopic abrasive silica particles “ which are useful for the whitening of teeth. As “ whitening Floss “ are not designed for the bleaching teeth enamel but rather for the better-ment of cleaning between the teeth. As flossing can helps to prevent to “ Gum disease, remove Plaque and even Food build-up between the tooth “. So always “ Floss “ before going to bed. To get proper guidance about dental care contact “ Dr. Gargi’s “ for proper guidance about dental care at lake town.
gargi dental care
Best Dental Care in LakeTwon
Gargi Dental Crae